Dr. Payam Amirsayafi has one simple belief -- every kid should enjoy going to the dentist! His priority is to make every child feel comfortable and welcome. He wants each visit to be a fun and crazy adventure that not only will leave your child smiling but will also leave you happy and excited! When’s the last time that’s happened to you at the dentist?
Dr. Payam loves apples and has in fact been eating at least one apple a day since he was a child. Although he has never missed an apple-eating day, he has eaten more than one apple on numerous occasions. If you ask his mom, you might end up with some exotic numbers. You can probably guess what inspired the name of his practice!
In addition to being a super fun, apple-loving guy, Dr. Payam is also a highly qualified pediatric dentist. Check out his educational background and professional references:
- Earned his Doctor in Dental Surgery in 2000 and completed his two-year Advanced Pediatric Dentistry Certificate Program at Tufts School of Dental Medicine in 2011
- Member of:
- The American Academy of Sport Dentistry
- International Association of Dental Research
- American Academy of the History of Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Virginia Dental Association
- Northern Virginia Dental Association
- Certified in sedation services
- Certified in providing dental care to special needs patients
- Specializes in Sports Dentistry including mouth guards, trauma and more
When he's not in the office you can find Dr. Payam running, biking and swimming to prepare for upcoming marathons or triathlons. In 2015 Dr. Payam became part of the elite club of IRONMAN finishers! He completed the IRONMAN Maryland race in October of 2015.
This year he completed the Lake Placid IRONMAN, which had an over 7000 ft elevation change. Wow!
Dr. Payam moved to Virginia in 2011 with his wife Leyla. His favorite song is “Layla” by Eric Clapton, in honor of her. Just in case you’ve never heard it before, here’s a video of Eric performing “Layla” live. Be careful, you may start dancing around the room once you hit play!
In April 2017, Dr. Payam and his wife welcomed little Liam to the family!